Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Following Nikki-speak

I believe it is true that if you nod your head, and speak without hesitation, people will believe or accept what you are saying.

Take Nikki Haley's performance in the second gubernatorial debate.  I felt my head nodding right along with her as she said that her plan to save failing schools would be to have faith-based communities be actively involved in poor school districts and "in the poverty areas".

In fact, she said, it won't cost the taxpayers a dime.

Here's where my head stopped nodding.  Huh?  Did she just say what I thought she said?

When I ran it by a black co-worker, she got it much faster than I had the night before.

Nikki Haley's plan for failing schools and poor communities is to allow the churches to have at it; that is, allow them to be responsible for moving these people forward instead of the government.  So, basically, the churches are going to help the poorest areas and the worst schools, so that Nikki won't have to increase taxes.

So... isn't that what we've been doing???  And isn't that why the poor communities are still poor, and the failing schools are still failing?


Don't let Nikki Haley's double-talk work in this debate.  Talk to your friends, family, and community about this inherently racist proposal.

No comments: