Tuesday, October 5, 2010

But Really, We Have a Candidate

I think it's wonderful that Charleston's own Nathalie Dupree has offered to throw her hat into the ring against the evil Jim Demint.  But this race is really feeling like South Carolina's version of Alice Through the Looking Glass.

First, unknown Alvin Greene shows up and upsets Vic Rawl, as well as a lot of voters, myself included, in the primary.

Greene's comedic lack of enthusiasm as well as frightening lack of credentials versus the extreme evil of Jim Demint led to the candidacy of Tom Clements.

Clements has the kind of background and enthusiasm that should cause us to breathe a sigh of relief and jump on his bandwagon.  Instead, there has been a bizarre invisibility thing going on, which tends to happen whenever a brave third party candidate tries to get involved in a race, regardless of how good he looks and how bad are the alternatives.

Now, after just a few days vacation in, yes, I'll admit it, a blue state, I come home to find that Nathalie Dupree has jumped in to save us from the likes of Jim Demint and Alvin Greene.

Which leaves me scratching my head and thinking, "Why doesn't somebody tell her about Tom Clements???"

So I thought I'd send this fine lady an email and ask her to send her support Tom's way.  Maybe you could do the same.

No comments: