Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christine O'Donnell Has Her Man-Pants On

Who knew a week ago what "man-pants" were?  We don't exactly know today, but it's so much fun to imagine, isn't it?

Christine O'Donnell would be almost as much fun as Sarah Palin was when she hit the national stage, except she's learned from Palin's mistakes, and her own.  She's an "English major" and as such, is proud of her use and abuse of the English language.

Take her own personal definition of feminism:

Asked if she considered herself a feminist, O'Donnell said: "Absolutely, but let me qualify that -- I consider myself an authentic feminist. Not as defined by the modern movement. And, let me clarify that a little bit more. I was an English major, so break it down: -ist means one who celebrates. As a feminist, I celebrate my femininity."

I remember my own high school English teachers being tickled when I was creative in developing arguments, even if I was wrong.  And that's how I see Christine.  Still caught up in the flattery she got in high school, and still being creative in developing arguments, even if she's wrong.

I have to admit, she's definitely more head-spinningly verbal and creative than South Carolina's Jim Demint; if I had a dollar for every time he used the word "freedom" I'd be a wealthy republican today.

And she will stay away from the tough interviews, although I think she has the "man-pants" to say whatever crazy thing she thinks about religion and sex, or, as they present themselves in her head, religionsex.  She'll just say it to her own circle of wingnuts, and when forced to speak to the general electorate, tone it down with some excuse about her being young back then, and never actually answering the question (Will we get to see her backside as reporters insist on answers, a la Jan Brewer and Sharron Angle, I wonder.).

As hilarious as they might be on the campaign trail, though, we need to keep in mind that Demint actually got elected.  Voters in this country haven't gotten any smarter or less gullible in the six years he has been attempting to run the country into the ground.  If you can't picture Christine giving a speech on the Senate floor, just think of people like Demint, and House Tea Partier Michele Bachmann.

And then round up all your friends and family, and VOTE.

No comments: