Monday, August 23, 2010

When You Can't Figure Out What He's Saying...

Jim Demint actually had a campaign event over the weekend at a senior center in McCormick, South Carolina.

As I read about the event in the Greenwood, SC, Index Journal I found that my eyes were glazing over, and realized it is that particular form of hypnosis that only Demint can perform.  It happens when what he says is such a mountain of word-jello that all you can say to it is, "What the...?"


Here's a quote:

DeMint said he was "optimistic” about his re-election campaign, but he did say Greene’s nomination was concerning.

"It’s not healthy,” DeMint said. "I think the important thing is it’s not an embarrassment for our state and the Republican Party. We should consider the same people who nominated Alvin Greene, (Vincent) Sheheen and everybody else on that list.”



Now I can't imagine that the man who stood on the Capitol steps and said that health care would be Obama's Waterloo could be worried about embarrassing South Carolina.  That's all I can say about the above quote, because otherwise I have absolutely no idea what it means.

Here's a word of warning, though.  Demint's Jello-speak works.  He's a guy who, as they say down South, "cleans up real nice".  He's an ad-man, and is a smooth talker.  So when he strings words together, chances are he's going to have you nodding in agreement, but he won't have said a darn thing that makes sense.  Which is why I can't even begin to get outraged about the above quote, much less try to analyse it.

I believe the only thing left to do with someone like Jim Demint, is vote him out of office.


Alvin Greene
because he's
Better than Demint

 




No comments: